SAINT-EMILION TOUR & GALA DINNER
Wednesday, 20th June
The gala dinner will take place at Château Soutard - Grand Cru Classé, located in the famous historical village of Saint-Emilion.
Visited by over a million tourists each year. Saint-Emilion is a charming medieval village located in the heart of the famous Bordeaux wine area. It is a very unique site were world-famous wineries, fine wine, beautiful architecture and great monuments are a perfect match. Harmonious work of Men and Nature, the landscapes of Saint-Emilion are testimonies of its History.
In 1999 for the first time in the world, a vineyard was written on the World Heritage List by the UNESCO as a Cultural Landscape, that is to say a historical landscape that remained intact but which is still carrying on its activity.
- 14:00 Departure from the university of Bordeaux to Saint-Emilion village (by bus)
- 15:00 Arrival at Saint-Emilion - Free time to explore the historical village
(Walking tour suggestions will be provided)
- 19:00 Welcoming cocktail at Château Soutard - Grand Cru Classé
- 20:00 Served gala dinner in the historical winery of the chateau (dresscode : casual)
- 23:00 Departure to Bordeaux by bus
- 23:45 Arrival at Bordeaux City center
Important - Please note :
- No return shuttle to Bordeaux will be scheduled before the gala dinner.
- Wearing comfortable shoes is advised to fully enjoy the medieval and sloppy cobblestone streets. Hills are not recommended.
- We also advise you to wear a jacket or something warm, as difference of temperature between underground monuments, cellars and outside can be important.
- Visit the Saint-Emilion website to read more about the village and its highlights.
- The Saint-Emilion tour and the gala dinner are not included in registration fees. Please choose the gala dinner option during the online registration process.
- On site registrations to the Saint-Emillion tour/gala dinner won't be possible except in case of last minute availabilities.